Winter is here. It is this time of the year with it’s long, dark days paired with the end and beginning of years, seems to inspire reflection. We take time to acknowledging our proudest moments and our lessons learned. It is also a time of planning, goal setting and looking at the possibilities for the new year ahead.
I recently participated in an online workshop to help me plan a marketing campaign for my blog, Outdoors and On the Go, and step #1 was to reflect back on 2015 accomplishments. At first this was challenging, what had I done that was worth noting?
Turns out, 2015 WAS an awesome year and there are many note worthy accomplishments to feel proud about;
- I travelled with my mom to Scotland and Greece, our first international mother-daughter trip!
- I have completed 1 year of gear reviews for Get Out There Magazine – testing some of the outdoor industries top brands and sharing my feedback. Read the Reviews Here!
- I have worked my first full time/salary job (@Wild Women Expeditions) for 1 year and 4 months.
- I hiked the Inca Trail, toured Machu Picchu and climbed Huayna Picchu. My first trip to South America!
- I guided 5 Newfoundland Wild Women Adventure trips – the most yet!
- I redesigned Outdoors and On the Go – built my own WordPress self-hosted blog, set up all the backend around social media and started to build a following! Thank you to everyone for all the LIKES, FOLLOWS and SUBSCRIBES!!!!
- I joined Twitter!
- I have started championing a Trail Enhancement Crew with other trail lovers!
- Rounding out the year, I developed my first Wild Women Trip from scratch – in NEW ZEALAND!
2015 was EPIC!
I am not sure if it can be topped, but I have a feeling things are well positioned to start 2016 strong.
Goal setting was another part of the workshop. This was the easy part;)
My 2016 goals are pretty BIG;
- Become self-employed part time – I want to start to position myself to work part time blogging, guiding and supporting the outdoor adventure industry in Western Newfoundland.
- Do a SOLO overnight hike!
- Complete trail enhancement projects on the Humber Valley Trail.
- Travel to a new continent – which one will it be? Asia? Africa? Australia? or Antarctica?
- Hike with Mike! He is recovering from 2 knee surgeries in 2015 and ready to start physio in preparation for the 2016 hiking season:)
I am feeling super excited about where 2016 will take me and look forward to sharing more right here on my blog with all of you! Thank you for your continued support and I look forward to connecting with you on Facebook, Twitter or via email.
Be sure to subscribe to weekly emails, to catch all the 2016 action.
Share your thoughts on this (or any other post) by commenting!