Another year has passed. Already?! As 2016 ends and 2017 begins, I like to reflect on what 2016 offered me and what I hope to accomplish in the new year.
I really enjoyed 2016 – there was lots of growth and change, exploring new places and meeting/reconnecting with awesome people. I even met some of my goals set this time last year!
I completed my first SOLO overnight hike which rocked! You can read about my Laugavegur trek here. It was very special and I cannot wait to solo trek again!
I aimed to complete trail enhancement projects on the Humber Valley Trail with the Trail Crew and we did a lot of this! Many HUGE thanks to all of the amazing volunteers for all their hard work over the summer and fall:) Join the Facebook Group to help out in 2017.
I had also hoped to get to travel to a new continent but instead got to revisit Iceland, spending almost a month in my #2 favourite place in the world!
2016 also had a few surprises which you can read about on my One Year Review post from Outdoors and On the Go’s one year anniversary!
What do you have in store for me?
Only time will tell but my goals for 2017 include:
- Get a season of backcountry skiing under my belt. Read my first post here.
- Have Outdoors and On the Go make some money and ideally pay for itself….
- Travel for pleasure – I envision staying longer in Iceland this fall or hitting the road for a winter of pacific USA explorations.
- Transition into living more minimally
- Spend more time with family, friends and meet new people
- Write more posts about where to go and what to see in NL plus how to get into new outdoors sports. If you have feedback, consider taking my survey!
Each new year brings hope and excitement for me. There have been so many changes leading up to the end of 2016, meaning 2017 has many new challenges and opportunities in store!