The Durand’s had everything I expected from KEEN – comfort, waterproofness and durability.
Disclosure: There are some affiliate links below, for which commissions are paid, but these are all products I highly recommend. I won’t put anything on this page that I haven’t verified and/or personally used.
3 Features I LOVE!!
- The best part about the 2015 Durand is the thickness of the sole. No more feeling all those rocks under your feet with these boots. The sole is a bit slippy just because of the rubber composition but the tread is a good depth giving traction in the mud.
- Leather Uppers ROCK! I love the durability of leather. It withstands the rugged Newfoundland landscape, is easy to re-waterproof and is just straight up awesome!
- The KEEN footbeds – they are super comfy for my feet:)
These boots are watertight! The mix of leather and waterproof/breathable fabrics allow this boot to endure the wet (rain, snow, mud, water crossing etc.) while allowing the moisture inside (sweat) to escape. Be sure to treat your hikers so that the waterproofing is maintained year after year. I wore these boots on multiple hikes over all kinds of terrain, the soles gripped, the laces stayed tight and my toes we oh so happy in the wide toebox. They never blistered my heels or needed any breaking in. Very comfortable boot!
Fit & Sizing Notes
- Fit bit big (about a half size large) I usually wear a 8.5 from KEEN and would have preferred an 8 in the Durand.
- Fits normal/wide with lots of toe room
- Hugs the heels with the heel lock system.
All in all another solid pair of hikers from KEEN! What is your fav pair of KEENS?