SmartWool’s merino wool blends used in all the items below stretches, breathes and naturally resists odour, allowing you the freedom of movement, dry comfort, and enduring freshness that we all love while we are outdoors and on the go!
WATCH THE REVIEW
Women’s PhD® Racerback Bra
- The outer fabric is smooth: allowing clothing to move over it freely without sticking [45% merino wool, 51% nylon, 4% elastane]
- The inner lining wicks away moisture and is really soft against the skin (no chafing experienced) [75% merino wool, 25% polyester]
- The moulded cups and thick elastic terry-loop band provide comfortable medium support for hiking, jogging, kayaking etc.
- Wide straps are slightly padded and don’t cut or chafe.
- Sizing Notes: I am wearing a large, cup fit is perfect, band is 1/4-1/2″ too big. Usually a 34, DD.
Women’s PhD® Seamless Boy Short
- 80% merino wool, 17% polyester, 3% elastane
- These underwear are soft, stretchy and generally comfy.
- They fit a bit ‘cheeky’ and the waistband is higher in the front than I would like. Throughout the day, they tend to ride up and stay put, not uncomfortable. No chafing, good wicking and easy to hand wash and dry overnight.
- Sizing Notes: I am wearing a medium. Usually a medium. Fits true to size.
Women’s NTS Micro 150 Pattern Bikini
- Jersey knit from 100% Merino Wool and with flat lock seam construction, these bikini’s very soft and super light weight.
- The flat lock seams are weak and unravelled easily.
- Sizing Notes: I am wearing a medium. Usually a medium. Fits a size small/very cheeky.
Women’s PhD® Outdoor Medium Mini Socks
- With flat knit toe seams, mesh ventilation zones and elastic arch support these socks are super comfortable and made for it all [65% Merino Wool, 33% Nylon, 2% Elastane]
- Medium cushion is ideal for hiking, protecting both toes and heels from the stresses of hiking boots.
- Sizing Notes: I wear size 8. Socks fit true to size.
I have used all these SmartWool items pretty much nonstop for the last 5 months while I have been working and travelling. They have tagged along for hiking in Scotland, sailing in Greece, paddling in Ontario, hiking and sea kayaking in Newfoundland, and regardless of the weather or activity have always kept me comfortable.